Official Name: Kyrgyzstan
Total area: 199,900 km2
Languages: Kyrgyz, Russian
Religions: Muslim 75%, Christian 20% , 5% Others.
National currency: Som
Kyrgyzstan, the official name is the Kyrgyz Republic one of the countries of Central Asia. It is bounded by Kazakhstan on the northwest and north, by China on the east and south, and by Tajikistan and Uzbekistan on the south and west. Most of Kyrgyzstan’s borders run along mountain. Kyrgyzstan is, above all, a mountainous country. There two famous and great Central Asian mountain systems The Tian – Shan and Pamir.
The main religion is Islam, but other religions, such as Russian Orthodox, are also practised. Most of the population lives in rural areas, only one third lives in urban areas. The capital city of Bishkek is the largest city with over 800,000 inhabitants.
There are 1923 lakes in Kyrgyzstan, the common area of a water surface of which is 6836 sq km. The largest lakes in the republic are:
- Issyk-Kul Lake, the second in world on depth high-mountain lake with area of a water surface 6236 sq km;
- Son-Kul Lake with surface area 275 sq km;
- Chatir-Kul Lake with surface area 175 sq km.
The longest rivers of the republic are:
- Narin River, 535 km long;
- Chu River, 221 km long;
- Chashkap River, 205 km long.
Height of territory of Kyrgyzstan varies from 401 up to 7439 m above a sea level. About 94% of its territory is on a height of more than 1000 m above sea level, from which 40 % is higher than 3000 m above a sea level with large glaciers and eternal snows. Fergana mountain range divides the country on two regions:
- The Northern Kyrgyzstan: Chu, Issyk-Kul, Narin, and Talas regions;
- The Southern Kyrgyzstan: Osh and Jalal-Abad regions.
The nature of Kyrgyzstan, as high mountain ecological system, the unique landscapes, cleanest waters and air were kept almost untouched by anthropogenic activity which, besides other, have economic value, represent the special goods of international importance, the price on which will grow with time.
Kyrgyzstan a new up-and-coming destination for international travelers. Not only are the Tien Shen Mountains, but in Kyrgyzstan have a lot of historical places along with a virtual playground for outdoor sports fans.
Most popular places is:
- Tash-Rabat is an ancient Silk Road caravanserai that survived the ages almost unscathed. It is located in an utterly beautiful valley in the south of the country near from the Chinese boarder.
- Sary Chelek Reserve is one of those. The natural reserve provides the charm to the visitors, provides a clear picture of the natural sceneries.
- Lenin Peak is having a height of around 7000 meters. This is one of the places in Kyrgyzstan where a lot of visitors and tourists wants to conquer these peaks.
- Karakol Ski Base considered as the best of ski resort in Kyrgyzstan. It is best for the skiers and you can visit this location at any point of time.
- Russian Orthodox Cathedral the beautiful church is provided with wooden finishing and has become the touristic place in Kyrgyzstan. It is located in Karakol. Here the garden that surrounds the church, major attraction of the church that attracts many tourists all round the year.
- Issyk Kul Lake is well famous. The resort area is surrounded by mountains, which attracts all people with its beauty. The stunning look of the lake along with the places for trekking and hiking has made the lake very popular in Kyrgyzstan.
- Ala Too Square in the capital city of Bishkek is a famous historical site in Kyrgyzstan. Ala Too Square is surrounded by beautiful parks with towering statues.